Gabi Witthaus, independent consultant and Learning & Teaching Facilitator at Loughborough University, UK.
I am available for workshops, briefing sessions and consultancy work. Indicative topics are provided below – please contact me to discuss your needs.
Briefings for senior staff
1 hour per topic; can be extended to a full workshop:
- International trends in online higher education
- Improving the student experience in online education
Workshop topics for course teams
3-hour sessions; can be combined into full days:
- How to use Storyboarding in course design (See Storyboarding Resources)
- Designing online learning activities (See E-tivities)
- Teaching online courses interactively
- Designing assessments to promote effective learning in online courses
- Converting face-to-face courses to interactive online courses
- Developing pedagogically sound module/course specifications
- What can we learn from the research into learning, teaching and assessment in online education?
- Digital competencies for online educators
- Creating and using Open Educational Resources
Other consultancy work
- Supporting programme teams or course teams in new programme development
- Reviewing online programmes to enhance the learning design